EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Custodian
Job Summary: Perform basic cleaning duties and specific custodial functions as related to the specific requirements of the client’s business segment. Must work in a safe and professional manner at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct basic cleaning activities in common areas, specialized areas (offices) and industrial areas.
• Basic cleaning includes, but not limited to, emptying trash cans, wiping down surfaces and cleaning floors with walk behind scrubber or buffer.
• Maintain custodial equipment and supplies. Includes, but not limited to, cleaning and preventative maintenance of equipment and maintaining minimums and maximums of cleaning chemicals and consumable inventory.
• Perform pre-task planning relating to safety requirements of job and client’s industry segment and notify manager concerning needs for repairs, leaks, etc.
• Respond to emergency cleaning situations, i.e. mopping up spills to avoid slip hazards.
• High School Diploma, G.E.D. or Equivalent
• One to three years related experience and/or training
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group situations.
• Must be able to operate basic custodial equipment, such as vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors and floor buffing machines.
We offer employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled